Naruto: Spark of Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun RPG based in the naruto Universe.

Strong World, a One Piece RPRPG-D

Shinobi Swap Out

Switch Accounts

Staff List

Who is online?

In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 38 on Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:48 am

Latest topics

» Microsoft Office Activator Kms
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 pm by tanncir

» TheGuySite.com
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:53 am by tanncir

» Apps Game Xxx Sex N73
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:25 am by tanncir

» The Trancended(wip)
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm by Nerserus

» Learning 8-Triagrams, 32 Palms [Closed]
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm by Amesuke

» Magnet Shuriken
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm by Shizuko

» Tsuwano Clan! Twin Style!
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 pm by Shizuko

» Twin Style! Akio and Aiko Tsuwano (Iwagakure)
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 pm by Shizuko

» Ayase Uchiha [WIP]
Yeah, I've been listening! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 pm by Shizuko

September 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Chat Box

4 posters

Yeah, I've been listening!

Poll

Adding Ryou / Money

[ 3 ]
    Yeah, I've been listening! Bar_left60%Yeah, I've been listening! Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Yeah, I've been listening! Bar_left40%Yeah, I've been listening! Bar_right [40%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Fame : 2739

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Yeah, I've been listening! Left_bar_bleue0/12500Yeah, I've been listening! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/12500)
    Ryou Pouch: 0

Yeah, I've been listening! Empty Yeah, I've been listening!

Post by Amesuke Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm

I've got a way to add Ryou into the mix of things, of course by completing missions everything.

HOWEVER! It would require people to make individual accounts for separate characters. Meaning, 1 character per account, 3 accounts per IP address. All with separate EXP, Ryou, and everything. Mull it over and vote on the poll here. If you need more information, let me know and I'll make things happen.

~Rain Storm
    RadicalFayth
    RadicalFayth
    Missing Ninja
    Missing Ninja

Fame : 534

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Yeah, I've been listening! Left_bar_bleue0/0Yeah, I've been listening! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Yeah, I've been listening! Empty Re: Yeah, I've been listening!

Post by RadicalFayth Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Money seems like a useless device, though the seperation would make obvious who is which characters in a thread...

that being said; it would make posting multiple characters in a single thread harder and more of a pain. Also, money is essentially pointless unless we build up a whole money system for items, and that seems kinda pointless too... I think it would take away a lot from the system rather than add to it, after all, money plays a nearly insignificant role in Naruto, outside of Naruto himself's lack of it, and clearly he can still afford an appartment, and food, and he gets his ninja tools from somewhere....
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Yeah, I've been listening! Left_bar_bleue0/12500Yeah, I've been listening! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/12500)

Post by Amesuke Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Well the money would really only be for buying Kinjutsu Scrolls or Talent scrolls and Puppet users. But yeah I understand your logic. I honestly don't care which idea is chosen as I'll stick with whatever.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:17 am

Edit:

I'm actually in favor of this just to see if I can make a cool system for it.

The parameters of the change would be this.

• 1 RPC per Account
    • 3 Accounts per IP (basically, 3 RPCs per person still)
    • Gaps between levelling up wouldn't change or be easier or harder.
    • Ryou would literally be spent on items only. I've actually thought of a fairly interesting way to keep track of it. It'd only be used on puppetry and weaponry and as for skills and jutsu, they'd remain using only the EXP to be purchased.
    • You'd gain Ryou from Missions.
    • You'd be able to trade between players, making things far more interactive.
    • Players would have to make their own customs via RP rather than a creation template.
    • Weapon masters would have an amazing advantage.
    • Adds new tactics to the battlefield, such as destroying all of the enemies weaponry.
    • Adds content and new plot and various other things.

It could be totally fun, or not. But it's up to you guys, not me. I'll throw in a yes though for myself.
    Ari Phoenix
    Ari Phoenix
    Academy Student
    Academy Student

Fame : 528

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Yeah, I've been listening! Left_bar_bleue0/0Yeah, I've been listening! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post by Ari Phoenix Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Well, I know you like the idea of being so coded ethically, but I think you could do it simpler. Keep the idea of Missions for Ryou and such.

You could treat it like the old fame system on NRC. Each character has their own spot for it, and when they make trades or stuff of it, it goes up and down depending. It means that people would have to watch their transactions, like with the TP and such. Though to be fair, it would have to be watched lightly, but that could be done by many people, not just staff if needed.

Still, it is a simple idea, that makes it so we do not need multiple profiles, and still can have it.

I actually like the Ryou idea, just want to get it simplified so you do not have to go the extra mile on it.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:05 pm

That's very true. Thank you for the input and that actually brought up several ideas to me.

While the amount of money doesn't have to be put in the actual profile, it CAN be put in the character sheets as well as the users weapon list.

For example, the table that says missions (which now that I think about it, is fairly useless) could be easily converted to a table explaining what items the user has and the part that says RPC Link could be traded for a Ryou amount that's editable by members.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:21 pm

The poll will last for another 24 hours from this exact minute. After that, it will be closed and the new system will be implemented. Any last minute voters should vote now, if they do not, they may or may not miss out on all the "goodness"
    Erika
    Erika
    Rock Shinobi
    Rock Shinobi

Fame : 551

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Yeah, I've been listening! Left_bar_bleue500/500Yeah, I've been listening! Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Post by Erika Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

If you add an easy switch bar to the side of the forum it will be easy to switch accounts seen it done on a few other sites actually.

Personally I dislike the idea of a money system only because it adds more onto what is already allot of work for some. I'm an oldfart in terms of RPing so for me it's a half an hour of work and I am fine, but for others not so much.

I think it will get implemented anyway so a good way to go about it would be to have the Ryou only affect items purchased. These items should be stated slightly specifically within a system explaining it, making it more extraordinary items or more unique items as I assume ninja especially in war item do not have to purchase their own arms. They are going to get requisitions for their equipment depending on their own rank; I mean a US soldier doesn't have to buy his weapon right?

Like Rain had said on Skype with him about a blacksmith system; that would work well and would add depth to custom weapons that hasn't been seen before on many forums I have been on. The only problem is making it not too hard to get, but not too easy. Those are just numbers though and up to someone else, just throwing out there that causing this to influence too much could add unnecessary complication to things.

We have EXP for the OOC purchasing of talents and Kinjutsu, and Point training for the IC learning process. We do not need Ryou compounding more than needed and should be more of an optional expense that is nice to have and go for, but not needed when starting to even at higher rank depending upon your build.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Right, that's why I intend to be particularly gentle around this entire subject with Ryou being specifically for custom weapons and puppets. And while a US soldier doesn't buy their own weapon. It isn't issued to them unless they're in combat because it belongs to whoever actually owns the weapons in the military, not the solider. (I need to ask about that actually as I'm not sure) However their OWN weapon would have to be bought. For example, lets say the military is issued a standard grade Kunai. They wouldn't have to pay for the allotted amount of kunai, but for any more or any less, I would assume they'd have to buy them. On top of that, I believe if they wanted a custom "kunai" they'd have to purchase one, as the military force would not supply them.

As for the blacksmith skill, I'm trying to find a way to make it worthwhile, possibly allowing those with this skill the ability to destroy custom weapons while those who do not have this ability may not do such a feat. Of course, they'd also be able to create weapons far more efficiently than someone without this ability and the idea of Requisition rank wouldn't matter for Custom Weapons because the requisition rank would just say "Forged" or something similar.
    Erika
    Erika
    Rock Shinobi
    Rock Shinobi

Fame : 551

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Yeah, I've been listening! Left_bar_bleue500/500Yeah, I've been listening! Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Post by Erika Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Allot of soldiers are allowed to keep their weapons after service, and many are issued them but don't keep them on their person unless in a combat zone or on a tour. At least from my understanding. My point was that the basic weapons would be the requisition items, don't have to a set limit, but if you phrase it that way lore wise it would make more sense to not have huge amounts of weapon spam unless the ninja in questions whole focus is on said weapons for a fighting style.

Custom kunai with abilities would have to be forged but a simple basic weapon with a alternate shape probably wouldn't be that bad unless it super impacted performance. (for instance every village has variations on kunai, and then bandits have variations of them, and it's so damn common tweaks made to them aren't really a big deal, but a specialized sword would have to be purchased.)

The other issue is weapons passed down in a background or something, Might have to add a regulation as if someone wants one in their past tied to their RPC they won't have to really buy it. The general rank restriction would be enough in that case I think. THis is especially true for actual IC couples and kids, but considering it would be an actual gift and already purchased... yeah just had to bring that up too.

The ability to have a severely reduced cost from making the weapons would be good, and the sole reason that you have to pay that RPC would be an awesome enough benefit. If you want to make it an awesome thing simply make it a title or something. Also NPC's should be blacksmiths but cost fare more than an RPC forging and be better at it too, making interactions far more important and weapons more of an earned pleasure than a glorified no jutsu stick.

I disagree with the blacksmiths being able to destroy custom weapons, analyze and figure them out in the field far easier yes, but destroying them easier is kind of derp, especially what someone will have to do get a good one. Weapons shouldn't be invincible anyway sot hat bonus won't be needed as the ability to analyze the weapon will be good enough in many if not most cases.

Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Yeah I actually forgot it could just be a title instead of an ability. (That part was something that was baffling me) As a title it really wouldn't need much in combat capability, though I do like the idea about being able to analyze the weapon and realize it's properties. That'd be kinda cool.

Either way, I'll figure something out in due time.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Under the assumption that this is done, I will remove the poll and add the changes right away.

Thanks for participating. There will be a raffle up in celebration very soon. =] If there are any issues or troubles. Let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:14 am