Naruto: Spark of Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun RPG based in the naruto Universe.

Strong World, a One Piece RPRPG-D

Shinobi Swap Out

Switch Accounts

Staff List

Who is online?

In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 38 on Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:48 am

Latest topics

» Microsoft Office Activator Kms
Major Update EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 pm by tanncir

» TheGuySite.com
Major Update EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:53 am by tanncir

» Apps Game Xxx Sex N73
Major Update EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:25 am by tanncir

» The Trancended(wip)
Major Update EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm by Nerserus

» Learning 8-Triagrams, 32 Palms [Closed]
Major Update EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm by Amesuke

» Magnet Shuriken
Major Update EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm by Shizuko

» Tsuwano Clan! Twin Style!
Major Update EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 pm by Shizuko

» Twin Style! Akio and Aiko Tsuwano (Iwagakure)
Major Update EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 pm by Shizuko

» Ayase Uchiha [WIP]
Major Update EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 pm by Shizuko

September 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Chat Box

4 posters

Major Update

Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Fame : 2739

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Major Update Left_bar_bleue0/12500Major Update Empty_bar_bleue  (0/12500)
    Ryou Pouch: 0

Major Update Empty Major Update

Post by Amesuke Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:57 pm

With confusion on whether the Mission Outposts are IC locations or not, I have decided they will be moved to an OOC location that can be accessed by everyone, regardless of their affiliation. This also centralizes the missions, making them significantly easier to moderate and play around with.

Along with this, Experience will be allowed to be modified by Members to relieve stress on people who are forced to modify it for them (me). On top of this. Ryou will also be modifiable by members. Both of these will be monitored to make sure that people are not scamming or tricking the system, however, things will move far more fluidly.

Additionally, I have found that allotting three characters per account is somewhat limiting. It prevents me from making systems that are a little more essential to making the site ruin more fluidly. Here are my reasons as to why 1 character per account would make things work far more smoothly:

• There would be far less stress on the character creation template. Allowing accounts to add their own flare to them.

• There would be far more customization available because for weapons (just an example) I could make individual slots that accounts could edit, explaining what weapons they own.

• I could have Ryou exist in its own slow, allowing members to easily and quickly edit it's amount after each mission.

• One could easily see what village a shinobi comes from, since they'd have something in their profile, explaining it.

• A friends and foes list could spice things up in the IC world, allowing people to always check who they are against while fighting or when just casually hanging out.

• I can add fame to the template to be edited easily and quickly.

• There's plenty of reasons, but more than anything else, it helps differentiate who's RPing with who. (Yes it'll make RPing two characters from the same account a little tough, but honestly, it's annoying to do anyway and should really be avoided.)

Anyway, this'll go into effect very soon. Those who already have multiple characters should be fine as they won't have to rewrite their characters, but must make individual accounts for each character. Once again, this will only be 3 Accounts per IP address, however, if great activity is shone, a player may obtain up to 5 of them at once with permission from administration.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Major Update Empty Re: Major Update

Post by Amesuke Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:27 am

Additional Edits are going to be made, as I have noticed that I am given a lot more freedom while I'm doodlin' around with the coding.

Uh... Update Log below.

• Turned OOC titles such as Moderator / Admin are now invisible.
    • IC titles have been added to help differentiate between people lieing about their rank and people who have actually had theirs approved.
    • Additionally, In order to prevent the problem of slowly ranking between Genin to Chuunin, Chuunin Exams will be held 2 weeks prior to the ending of the last. (More to come on that later as they become important.)
    • Fame is being instituted, just a fun little tool to help show how well known your character is, ICly of course.
    • The experience costs between ranking up are to be stretched by an amount I have not yet decided. This is to get characters to focus more on getting missions done.
    • With a single mission out post, I will be posting MANY MANY more generic missions so that shinobi are not forced to make their own unless they actually want to.
    Riku Tensei
    Riku Tensei
    Missing Ninja
    Missing Ninja

Fame : 626

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Major Update Left_bar_bleue700/12500Major Update Empty_bar_bleue  (700/12500)

Post by Riku Tensei Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Allow me to come in here and get you nice and mad at me like always. It's extremely annoying to have to switch accounts to RP different characters and it's pointless. It's just unnecessary to switch around accounts when you can just easily organize something yourself and it just makes things take longer for people with multiple characters.

There would be far less stress on the character creation template. Allowing accounts to add their own flare to them.
    How does forcing people to make multiple accounts affect this at all? What's stopping me from changing things prior to this rule?

There would be far more customization available because for weapons (just an example) I could make individual slots that accounts could edit, explaining what weapons they own.
    That's not customization. That's more restriction.

I could have Ryou exist in its own slow, allowing members to easily and quickly edit it's amount after each mission.
    You could still do that the old way, and just have 3 Ryou slots, one per each character. I can see you making people have multiple accounts if Ryou was earned automatically so as to keep characters from using each other's money, but you don't do that here.

One could easily see what village a shinobi comes from, since they'd have something in their profile, explaining it.
    One can already easily see what village a shinobi is from by either looking at the same spot on every template that says their village or by simply asking OOC.

I can add fame to the template to be edited easily and quickly.
    Once again I don't see how different accounts affects this. You could do this normally.

There's plenty of reasons, but more than anything else, it helps differentiate who's RPing with who. (Yes it'll make RPing two characters from the same account a little tough, but honestly, it's annoying to do anyway and should really be avoided.)
    Why is this to be avoided? There's plenty of reason for people to do this.

Turned OOC titles such as Moderator / Admin are now invisible.
    So new members can't quickly look for the help they need? You keep talking about making everything go faster in the IC world yet I don't need to save five seconds when adding Ryou to my profile. I do, however, want my questions and concerns addressed as quickly as possible when I'm a new member.

IC titles have been added to help differentiate between people lieing about their rank and people who have actually had theirs approved.
    People do this often enough for it to be a problem? I don't get how that would matter because you can just look at the profile and go "Oh, no you're not."

Additionally, In order to prevent the problem of slowly ranking between Genin to Chuunin, Chuunin Exams will be held 2 weeks prior to the ending of the last. (More to come on that later as they become important.)
    I don't know how you meant to word this, but this basically says you're starting a new chuunin exam 2 weeks BEFORE the last one ends, meaning there will ALWAYS be two chuunin exams going on simultaneously at any given point in time.

The experience costs between ranking up are to be stretched by an amount I have not yet decided. This is to get characters to focus more on getting missions done.
    Dude, it's already 20+ S-ranked missions from Jounin to Kage and you don't even have any of those. Does this seriously need to be larger?

Nobodyn4
    Nobodyn4
    Academy Student
    Academy Student

Fame : 535

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Major Update Left_bar_bleue200/200Major Update Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Post by Nobodyn4 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

I know you're in charge here amegaki-bro but, this stuff seems to be a little less helpful than is intended. Can we put some or all of these updates to a vote to see if they should be kept or not because, you know... Not everyone agrees with all of it.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Riku Tensei wrote:Allow me to come in here and get you nice and mad at me like always. It's extremely annoying to have to switch accounts to RP different characters and it's pointless. It's just unnecessary to switch around accounts when you can just easily organize something yourself and it just makes things take longer for people with multiple characters.

Switching characters is as easy as clicking log out, then clicking log in again. All you have to do is get your computer to remember the password for you and it should type the username for you. That way, all you'd have to do is type in your computers unlocking code. Switching accounts actually isn't even that hard. Just saying. Though I understand your issues.

There would be far less stress on the character creation template. Allowing accounts to add their own flare to them.
    How does forcing people to make multiple accounts affect this at all? What's stopping me from changing things prior to this rule?

By removing some of the profile fields that are involved in the actual account profile, I could allow members to edit the templates to how they feel they should be represented. Hell, someone could even just post a picture or an info card at this point and it'd work out. Since there are profile fields in the actual account, it's easier to just to just fill out the profile than do a whole template.

There would be far more customization available because for weapons (just an example) I could make individual slots that accounts could edit, explaining what weapons they own.
    That's not customization. That's more restriction.

It's actually less restriction because each individual weapon would get it's own slot. It'd just look more neat than having to look through a characters profile to figure out what they do and don't have.

I could have Ryou exist in its own slot, allowing members to easily and quickly edit it's amount after each mission.
    You could still do that the old way, and just have 3 Ryou slots, one per each character. I can see you making people have multiple accounts if Ryou was earned automatically so as to keep characters from using each other's money, but you don't do that here.

Another one that is done particularly for neatness sake. It's also easier to check how much someone has when it's right at their post. Otherwise, it'd be blocked by the three Experience bars rather than showing up.

One could easily see what village a shinobi comes from, since they'd have something in their profile, explaining it.
    One can already easily see what village a shinobi is from by either looking at the same spot on every template that says their village or by simply asking OOC.

You're missing the point lol.

I can add fame to the template to be edited easily and quickly.
    Once again I don't see how different accounts affects this. You could do this normally.

There's a fame profile slot now.

There's plenty of reasons, but more than anything else, it helps differentiate who's RPing with who. (Yes it'll make RPing two characters from the same account a little tough, but honestly, it's annoying to do anyway and should really be avoided.)
    Why is this to be avoided? There's plenty of reason for people to do this.

Because it increases the need for people to roleplay with others rather than being cooped up with theirself and their other RPCs. Still possible, but it'd be a pain in the balls.

Turned OOC titles such as Moderator / Admin are now invisible.
    So new members can't quickly look for the help they need? You keep talking about making everything go faster in the IC world yet I don't need to save five seconds when adding Ryou to my profile. I do, however, want my questions and concerns addressed as quickly as possible when I'm a new member.

You don't know how to use the suggestion box, that's why your questions take a long time. There's a reason its there.

IC titles have been added to help differentiate between people lieing about their rank and people who have actually had theirs approved.
    People do this often enough for it to be a problem? I don't get how that would matter because you can just look at the profile and go "Oh, no you're not."

Preventing it from becoming a problem. If I add it to the profile fields, I can actually just remove it from the template altogether, making it alot easier to differentiate because it'd show up in their rank on their profile rather than individual character bios.

Additionally, In order to prevent the problem of slowly ranking between Genin to Chuunin, Chuunin Exams will be held 2 weeks prior to the ending of the last. (More to come on that later as they become important.)
    I don't know how you meant to word this, but this basically says you're starting a new chuunin exam 2 weeks BEFORE the last one ends, meaning there will ALWAYS be two chuunin exams going on simultaneously at any given point in time.

Meant to say 2 weeks after the end of the last one.

The experience costs between ranking up are to be stretched by an amount I have not yet decided. This is to get characters to focus more on getting missions done.
    Dude, it's already 20+ S-ranked missions from Jounin to Kage and you don't even have any of those. Does this seriously need to be larger?

Once again, it has not been decided, nor has it been decided which ranks need to be stretched. Relax.

At Rickie, yeah of course there's things not everyone likes, but it mostly comes from people not wanting to switch accounts to move between characters, which is fine. Honestly I'm doing this earlier while people only have 1 RPC because if I do it later, it'd be MUCH harder to convert to. Think about it though, with 1 RPC per account, it's far easier to see whats going on and it organizes things far better than if there are three per account. Really the only downside is switching accounts to change characters and that literally takes all of 3 seconds to do.

Work with it for a little bit so I can see how it works, then if it turns out to be counter productive, I will revert things to their original state =]. This is mostly to see how it'd work out anyway. Wanted to slowly try and slide away from NRC-Style role playing and try some new stuff.

ALSO, for people who only have 1 character, this doesn't even really effect you. Lol You just have to make a new account or move your character to cold storage in order to make a new character. I don't see what the hard part is xD
    Riku Tensei
    Riku Tensei
    Missing Ninja
    Missing Ninja

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Riku Tensei Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 pm

I see what you're trying to do here with all of this stuff and all of your answers are reasonable, but there's a few things still. When you put stuff in the profile and then you have the character template, however small that may be, that's actually more work. Yes, before I go on, I realize a lot of my problems involve something that's just time related and most of them are only seconds, but it's a hassle when you have to take those extra few steps over and over and over each and every day. Now continuing, you're actually adding more work with that because I have to go and post up my character in the template and then go and change everything in my profile instead of having it all in one place. I'm really not trying to be insulting, but you seem to enjoy breaking things up into many smaller groups and, though it's good for organizing, you take it a few steps too far and it becomes counter productive.

For weapons, I don't get why having a separate slot changes anything about the customization. Maybe you're not explaining what you're trying to say in a way that I understand, but as it stands, there's no difference between having unrestricted slots with all of my custom made weapons or individual slots for my still custom made weapons. Please elaborate on this so I can get it.

RPing with yourself is lame, I understand that too. It's an environment meant for interacting and flourishing with others, but you and I both know very well that there are many people who can balance both. There are plots that can involve two characters that are important to each other so, in order to have them interact the exact way the RPer wants, they create both of them themselves. And it's also very easy to then incorporate this into other plots. I had plans on having two characters within my little group, but I'm still RPing with Kurama, Nobody, Lyte, Sench, and anyone else I meet along the way. For the biased portion of this argument, you're now ruining tons of plot that I had planned out with my main character because there's no way I'm going to log out then back in to make a second post by myself and there's also no way I'm handing this character to someone else because I'm very excited for what I was planning to do for her.

When all is said and done, you're right like you always say; you are the owner of this site. Ultimately, decisions all come down to you. But we've both seen first hand that making tons of changes, especially ones like this, can make people unhappy if you don't at least ask what they want. You've been telling me over and over again that this site was not meant to entertain any single one RPer but the masses and I have yet to see you ask what these masses even want.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Okay first. Stop saying "You are the owner of the site and decisions come down to you." It makes me look like a dick xD.

Second, there are ways to RP with yourself, that wouldn't cost an RPC slot. (YES, I HAVE AN ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING!)

I just need things to be implemented as they are right now first. For example, I DID plan on making Companion NPCs similar to NRC. However they'd have different restrictions. Their rank would correspond to the owner and they'd be unable to hold Ryou in the OOC world. They'd be full fledged RPCs though. You'd have to request jutsu on them and all. The only difference is all of the costs for upgrading it as far as money and jutsu would come out of the cost of the main RPC. (It seems like a hassle, but really it's better than you think because they gain the same amount of Exp as you and are always the same rank as you. Pretty useful.)

Also, this has nothing to do with the masses or what anyone in particular wants. I just was interested in seeing how the site would work with these systems. If they turn out poop, I'll change it back. If it works, good. Simple as that.

As for the custom weapons, yeah there's really no change other than the fact that it'd go in the profile now rather than the bio of the character. It's just easier to change and watch by the members. *shrugs* doesn't really hurt anyone lol.
    Riku Tensei
    Riku Tensei
    Missing Ninja
    Missing Ninja

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Riku Tensei Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Alright, fair enough.
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Added in shinobi swap widget rejoice
    Nobodyn4
    Nobodyn4
    Academy Student
    Academy Student

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Nobodyn4 Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Holy crap. A argument between admins that didn't result in a banning, demotion, or someone leaving? This is revolutionary! XD

Ok, so basicly this is all on a trial basis to see if it works out? Nothing is set in stone?
    Amesuke
    Amesuke
    Tsuchikage
    Tsuchikage

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Amesuke Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Nobodyn4 wrote:Holy crap. A argument between admins that didn't result in a banning, demotion, or someone leaving? This is revolutionary! XD

Ok, so basicly this is all on a trial basis to see if it works out? Nothing is set in stone?

Lol Rickie, Riku isn't an Admin, Missing ninja are given a red title =].

But yep, basically, nothing is set in stone (yet) this is all on trial basis =]. You guys are my Guinea Pigs Lovely assistants.
    Nobodyn4
    Nobodyn4
    Academy Student
    Academy Student

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:

Post by Nobodyn4 Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm

And now you understand how a new person would feel looking at those things. I didn't know you had implemented it yet XD

Also, I just spent half a hour trying to find the level up thing. Took me a while to relize you had moved it. Why don't you make a copy of the topic and have it in both place that way people can see it if they are in the mission or looking through rules?
    Ari Phoenix
    Ari Phoenix
    Academy Student
    Academy Student

Fame : 528

Shinobi Information
    Chakra:
    Major Update Left_bar_bleue0/0Major Update Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post by Ari Phoenix Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Or, we could have a guide topic, that has a list of important topics like that, and a link to where they are. Yeah, I know NRC implimented such a thing, but with how things move around, it could be useful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:15 am